There will be an ASCAC meeting on the 9th and 10th October at the Normandie Hotel in St Ann’s. The meeting is being attended by Presidents and representatives of regional architectural associations and institutes including Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, Bahamas, St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Guyana.
A number of issues affecting architectural practice will be discussed including the following:
- professional practice – fees, conditions of engagement, registration
- caribbean single market economy – reciprocity, mutual recognition agreements
- institutional strengthening – single regional professional practice examination
- continuing professional development
- education – caribbean school of architecture, university of guyana
- acsac – organisation and management
If any TTIA members are interested in learning about, participating in or assisting in ACSAC activities or would simply like to observe and attend they are most welcome to.
Please contact ACSAC Chairman, Mark Raymond <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested.